Friday, 3 April 2015

What Goes on the Internet, Stays There

               In the 21st Century, technologies are really important for us and we rely on the devices around us. For example, the internet could help us search things us up for a project or communicate with our friends after school school on Facebook. Even though the internet was one of the most successful and useful invention, but everything has its pros and cons. The internet is used by millions of people and of all ages, therefore whatever we would put on the internet, we have think twice before we hit 'send' or 'post'. Whatever we post on the internet, the whole world could see what we posted and also it exist permanently on the internet, there is no use of deleting a post or message because it permanently stays there.
Having heard many stories about how students and adults misuse the internet but insulting or threatening others. This is also known as cyberbullying and it is important to keep in mind the consequences of committing this crime. As a lot of people say "If you don't say those things in front of someone's face, then why say it online?" Although I know that there are a lot of students that don't mean what they are trying to say, but it is a crime. No matter what, sending rude insults and threatening others are wrong. Therefore if people plan on writing something like this, please reconsider it by thinking about the consequences.
I feel disappointed that people have nothing better to do than to insult others online, because it is not safe and also it is a waste of time. We should be thankful to have such an amazing invention that helps us do so much. It is very disappointing that people still misuse this. I do think that this is something that we should be concerned about because it is not safe and the sayings may also be harmful to others. It can also increase the suicidal rates in the world because the things that we say might hurt others. It could cost a big impact on others. I don't think that this problem would go away on its own because it has an big impact in the world.
I believe that this problem will not just go away because it is a serious problem. This problem will just continue to grow more, if we leave it alone. Problems like this could get out of hand. Since everyone can access internet, it is important to realize this problem and try to find a way to reduce this problem. Although one of the solutions to cyberbullying is to face consequences with the police and the law, but there are many people that still cyberbully, but doesn't get caught. Therefore I think in the future, we have to find another way to resolve this issue. As much as I want to say that social media should be governed, but I do believe that not everyone does such harmful things to others. For the people who did wrong, the well-behaved are giving up their privacy because of the ones who were wronged, I don't think that this is fair for everyone. Although we couldn't leave this problem as it is, but I'm sure in the future, we could find a better method to understand and resolve this issue that is happening in our society. Together we can!

No comments:

Post a Comment