I don't think putting embarrassing photos of their kids will help them have better life at school. Also anyone can have access to the internet, therefore it is not right to make them feel ashamed for whatever mistake they had made. Although I know that if people are wrong, they have to be punished, but not this way. This way of punishment is the meanest and cruellest thing I have ever heard. The parents can punish their kids all they want at home, but why do they have to put it on the internet? No matter what the kids have done, the internet shouldn't be a place for punishment. This type of punishment could ruin the lives of the kids.
The kids might feel embarrassed to death in front of his classmates, and just everyone in the world that sees the picture of video of them. This could ruin the kids' mental health, because everyone might make fun of them. When being made fun of, it is also known as bullying. The kids might be laughed at and others start to bully the victims. Bullying can have a great impact on kids, therefore this is an unsafe thing for parents to do. If the kids are being bullied, it could affect his mental health, and it can also develop a depression. As we pay attention to the picture of the boy with the haircut, he was somewhat smiling before he got the haircut, but after the haircut he looked very sad. This must be very depressing for him, for a boy to have an old man haircut, just because of his grades.
Also I don't think that kids should be punished for not getting the grades that their parents are satisfy with. The kids are the one that are learning and working. How do the parents know that they did't do well enough? Maybe they tried their best. After these public embarrassments, the kids will have stress and pressure while going to school, because they don't want to be punished they same way they once did. From the picture, the kids are still in elementary school. Elementary school is suppose to be a fun memory for kids, but if gets pressured, then he wouldn't feel happy at school. Also the parents would never understand the feeling on learning these days, therefore they shouldn't punish kids for not getting the marks they are satisfy with.
There are lots of punishment in this world, but why do the parents have to publicly embarrass their kids. Once it is posted on the internet, it can never be erased, therefore parents should think of their kids' feeling before posting. Who knows, maybe the parents regret their actions for the rest of their lives.
I 100% agree with you. Parents need to learn to find better ways to discipline their children. This is not even effective, and children will only be embarrassed. The relationship between the child and the parents will only worsen, and they cannot trust their parents. Good thinking!
ReplyDeleteI think it's also embarrassing to the parents too. For me when I see a video of a parent breaking his daughter's laptop, it makes me think that this is the only way they can punish them. They can't sit their kids down to talk or anything else but break their computer. It kinda shows bad parenting, the way I look at it. I see it as regretful action because it ruins the parent's reputation. After all, when I see these videos, I'm laughing at how dumb the parents are and in no way that the kids deserve it. But then again, I am a kid, so I might be biased, but that's how I see it.
ReplyDelete